Career Game: Game Development.



As I have been talking on Living on a Gamified World? and the Khan Academy posts, there is a clear advantage to using technology as an educational tool. Khan academy has demonstrated the importance of self paced and self assessed education, while books like the Element by Sir Ken Robinson have talked about the importance of being who you want to be.

As I have been reading some comments I have realized that it is time to stop talking about what should be done and start developing some games. As game development has taught me, you can never predict all the possible outcomes or obstacles you will encounter, you must make a plan, execute it and be prepared to overcome obstacles that will come your way.


I realize that I don't have either the funding or the team to develop these sort of games, but I will start with what I can do, and hopefully someone else will join me along the way.


As I have been talking about games as tools to inspire people to work on what they love, I have decided to make an educational game that is about becoming a successful game developer.


If anyone else is interested on helping, welcome aboard

No comments:

Post a Comment