Where is the Fun?

Okay, I have developed a Random Maze generator, but to be honest it doesn't look too much fun, no matter how many times I generate mazes, all of them look like mazes that can be completed in a matter of seconds. Off course I could make the maze 100 by 100 cells, but then it would be tedious to complete and it wouldn't look good on the screen. So here is were my game development skills get tested.

How can I make a simple thing like this maze more interesting?
The first thing that comes to mind is that I need to try and take all previous knowledge of how mazes are played and look at this from a completely new perspective. Could I make this a 3D maze? Have the player only see a couple of cells so that he can't see the whole maze? Put time constrains and bonuses. then it would make sense for it to be simple mazes, it would then become a battle against seconds, and see how many level the user can pass.

I'll check back later with the results of my brain storming, there has to be something I can come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment